My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://williebemacin.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DNOW: Pure Joy (TLW) Week - Entry 1



This has been the most difficult DNOW to prepare for, in fact, I would say this has been one of the most difficult things that

I have ever had to prepare for…

And I am starting to panic.

I do not like to get within a few days of a deadline, and projects/tasks not be done; it seriously stresses me out. So, in order to eliminate this stress, I get things done uber-early, so that I am not lying awake with my eyes open thinking about all of the work I have to do
.
I am concerned that may just be my pattern this week.

I need to sleep.

I need to think.

I need to pray.

I need…no, I need God.

That is where I am right now and it makes no sense that I would be so concerned about a DNOW that most of these kids will not even remember; I have preached sermons I have been less worried about.

Could it have to do with the fact that I was assigned the sessions that deal with my two weaknesses: my emotions and proper care of my body?

So, I am staring at a task that I am sure a lot of our leaders are kind of just taking on a prayer and a breath; I can’t do that.

I can’t just wing something…it is wrong for me because I know what God has entrusted me with and I know the stewardship that goes with that.

So, no matter what…

No matter if I don’t get any sleep.

No matter that my to-do list may equal all of things that I have had to do combined since I got back from the Caymans.

No matter if these kids will be in and out.

No matter if it is just two, hour sessions.

I cannot and will not just present just anything to these guys.

So, I will be praying to break; to break me and to breakthrough.

Oh, did I mention Snagajob just informed me that Radioshack and Starbucks is hiring?
Oh, now you tell me...


More to Come This Week

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home