My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://williebemacin.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Am the Pharisee


I am the Pharisee, righteous in my own eyes
Smug in my wretched holiness.

I am the Pharisee, so much better off
Than family or friends.

I am the Pharisee, who instead of stopping to help
Is too busy to care.

I am the Pharisee, I cannot bring myself to see
That I am the man bloodied by the robbers.

I am the Pharisee, I keep all the rules and don’t miss a beat
But I am heartless and cruel to those in need.


I am the Pharisee, I could never be wrong; The Messiah
Could not be right here before my eyes.

I am the Pharisee, I have so little to be forgiven for
And so little compassion in my heart.

I am the Pharisee, I would rather a man endure
A lifetime of pain than be healed on the Sabbath.

I am the Pharisee, descended from Abraham and
A child of Satan.

I am the Pharisee, I cannot love for that would require
That I think about someone other than myself.

I am the Pharisee, the Father may come running
For my heathen brother but not for me.

I am the Pharisee, I am willing to lose my soul
Rather than having to lose my reputation

I am the Pharisee, the liar, the cheat, the one
Who does not obey and teaches others to do the same

I am the Pharisee, God help my soul
For if he does not I will burn in hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home