My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://williebemacin.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not Thinking at Starbucks


I am not surprised that I have not done any thinking or reading today.

It is quite common for me to decide to do something and end up doing something that was completely opposite. For the happy (or unhappy) reader who keeps up with my blog, I have been writing prolifically since this weekend ended. Today is no exception; I have written a new installment of my blog story, “Executive Order 16661,” and I have written Truett at Baylor and filled out an application at Blockbuster.
Ok, next time I will just have to leave the laptop at home.
There is a lot to think about and pray over too; lots of directional needs that I have at the moment. There are so many things I just need to sit and think about and well, I don’t.

I guess I lead such an unproductive life at the moment that any time I get a chance to be productive and creative, I grab at it. Still, that does not help me to think and to ponder.

So, I guess the next time I come in, it will be without my electronic distractions.

I will say that I have seen some interesting characters come and go throughout the day. Earlier, a deaf lady and her child were here using the internet; I could tell that she was death because of the sign she was using (or maybe her daughter was death). An hour or two later two older individuals sat and talked about one’s wood chipping business using the other’s biomass converter; it was an amazingly boring conversation. Now, there is a younger crowd; teenagers on my right and a guy using his laptop a ways in front of me. The baristas have been here all day; I hope their shift ends soon.

It is a dreary day and after last night, I needed to get away…even if I did not think as much as I had hoped.

I am getting tired, so I guess that is my cue to go home.

Have a good evening everyone.

Grace and Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home